Recently I was getting quite a few BUG reports about the black screen on some devices. Because I didn't have those I couldn't test it. But because it was already looking weird, that it's happening on so many. I got my hands on one of those, namely Samsung Galaxy Gio (GT-S5660) and found out what was causing this problem.
It seems that it was due to non compatible 32bit color buffer for these devices. They DO support the game rendering etc. but just this was causing the problem.
So now It's fixed. And it shouldn't come back any-more :)
These phones were affected as far as I know :
Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830)
LGE Optimus One (thunderg)
Samsung Galaxy Gio (GT-S5660)
Samsung Galaxy Mini (GT-S5570)
Update : Due to some bugs in the game that made the game unplayable, I had to take it down for yesterday. But today, there's a new version which fixes these bugs. This applies to Blackberry version ONLY. Android version had NO problems.
Today, I got approved in the Blackberry App World, so you can try it on your Blackberry Playbooks !
It's a game that I made in some spare time when working on Codename : STARSHOOTER project. But this one, isn't Sci-fi nor shooter, but it's a racing game. No ordinary racing though :) it's a Paper Racing, that I loved so much in my school years. I was playing this A LOT under the school desk with my friend.
The principle is easy, get to the finish (the black/white checker) first. You start on the green starting line. The game is turn based and for up to 4 players. You drive the Formula1 by click&dragging on the car. The game comes with Track editor(only in full version), so you can keep on creating new maps any time.
I will keep on adding some new elements for the track builders and I want to create some "HUB" to exchange newly created tracks.
Right now, the game is for Android, but I'm waiting for Blackberry approval and want to release it on iOS in the future. I will prepare some video soon, it will be easier to describe it there ;)
Playable DEMO, right in your browser or on Android PHONE ! Be sure to check them out !
It is one part of the game, just a small fragment. One boss fight, actually just one part of the boss fight, that you will encounter on your voyage across the space. In this part, it's quite simple, you only have to avoid getting killed ;) But it might not be as simple as it seems. Can you make it ? Try it for your self !
This time, I really want to hear what you think about this. Tell me, here in comments, or anywhere on the web.
And if you can, please contribute on Indiegogo.com it will help me make much better game !
Hi all, today I want to give you a peek WHAT you can get for contribution to the Codename : STARSHOOTER project.
Recently 2 ship designs printed at Shapeways.com arrived at my home. I need to test print them before, to make sure they are all in proper detail and everything comes out as it should. I already know, that I need to make few adjustments to those designs, make few parts a bit thicker and so on. I won't bother you with the technical stuff.
And here they are. And don't forget to tell me what you think about them !
Here you can see #1 and #2 design of the ingame ship in plain 3D printed material, as is. If you want it this way, no problem, but it's a bit harder to see all the details, because the material is a bit translucent.
See what I mean ? The left one is painted with coat of gray ship hull paint, so you can see a LOT more details. There's a lot details on the models, but you must keep in mind that the models are aprox. 5 cm x 5cm x 2cm , so fairly small. It's a miniature after all ;)
Here you can see detail of the #2 ship design, coated in gray.
And again, both #1 and #2 designs with something for size comparison. It's 2 Euro coin.
Just to give a bit of update, Indiegogo.com campaign is already on and there are already 2 contributors. It's not that much yet, but atleast something to start with ! But it's just a beginning and I hope, that it will turn out well.
Now back to the game itself, as I said I needed to optimize a bit the Boss scene, to be able run it smoothly on mobile devices. So this is how it turned out. I had to made the nebulaes a bit simpler, but on the contrary I added lens effects.
Now the scene is almost complete. I have to implement the player now and some other mechanisms, so it will be fun. This was actually what was taking the longest, but it's about 60% done. So hopefully next update will be with this scene DONE.
I'm thinking about posting a playable demo of this Boss fight part #1 on web. So stay tuned.